Ladies Training is back on!
I hope you are all doing well in these still crazy times. As you may have heard, there is some good news in that England Hockey have confirmed that hockey can now restart! There will be changes to all the “off pitch” elements (clubhouse, spectating, food, etc), but they have confirmed that we are now able to start training properly, and friendly matches can take place. They are still working on the plans for the leagues to restart – but as a club we are planning for the leagues to restart as usual, and we will adapt if this changes.
So – what does this mean for now? It means that Club Training can now restart! For those who fancy a little bit of “early” hockey, Tam will be leading some pre-season sessions, starting next week on Wednesday 19 August, and again on Wednesday 26 August, both 7pm – 8.30pm. The “usual” Wednesday Club Training sessions (i.e. split into two groups) will begin on Wednesday 2 September – timings TBC. As a heads up, I am trying to secure 7-9.30 pitch time, to allow for more space – hence why the timings are TBC as the two “halves” of the session will have staggered times. Don’t worry – it won’t be a 2.5hr training session! Watch this space there.
However, there are now some very important points to make – as we now need to REGISTER for every session (for Track and Trace purposes), plus everyone needs to electronically sign an England Hockey Participation Agreement. I have summarised below the things you need to do:
- Read the Advice for Participants. There's even a short video which summarises nicely too.
- Sign the England Hockey Participation Agreement. This is something you just need to do ONCE. Note – you will need to confirm that you know who the Hawks Covid Officer is – and this is me – Henri Gordon.
- You then need to register for EACH training session you attend. For this I will send out a very simple Google Form a couple of days before each session. Please fill this before 12noon on the day of each training to ensure coaches can plan the sessions effectively.
- If you would like any more information, England Hockey have a very comprehensive COVID-19 page here.
- Each player must bring a light and dark top as we will NOT be able to use bibs.
- And then turn up! I will be there on the night to run through all the things we need to now do a bit differently - but please make sure you adhere to social distancing on arrival and on the pitch before the hockey actually begins.
We rely on YOU and your compliance to the new processes to make this a success – so thank you in advance for reading the materials and adhering to them!
Any questions, just let me know – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best,