Banner picture of Hawks players

L4s hold on against Marlow 3s

24 October 2020, 11:30, Banbury Road North (Near)

Ladies' 4s 2 - 2 Marlow Ladies 3s

  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 002
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 001
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 003
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 004
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 005
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 006
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 007
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 008
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 009
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 010
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 011
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 012
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 013
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 014
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 015
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 016
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 017
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 018
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 019
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 020
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 021
  • Ladies' 4s v Marlow 022

After an unlucky loss to Windsor last week, Hawks L4s were fired up for a home fixture against Marlow. In anticipation of a strong team, the L4s took to the pitch. Despite the windy weather the game started with a good effort, with the midfield tracking back and forth to win the 50-50 balls. Marlow managed to gain a short corner within the 10-minute mark, a great steal from Katie meant that no goal was scored. 

During the first 20 minutes Marlow pushed forward, but the defence were keeping composed and cleared all the balls away. Our first goal started with a sixteen taken by Freya and transferred to Vicky.  Caz moved with great pace creating the space she needed to give the ball to Lucia who ran down the right wing quickly, accurately passing into Lucy who was waiting in the D to slap the ball into the left corner.

When a Marlow player was unfortunately injured just before half time, we took a quick opportunity to chat and it gave us more determination to get another goal before half time. With a long corner quickly taken and passed to Caz, she out played two defenders and scored with a great individual effort.

After an encouraging talk from Catherine at half time we stepped on to the pitch wanting to score at least one more goal as soon as possible. The battle continued as everyone became hopeful that another goal was on its way. Marlow quickly took a free hit at the halfway line leading to a quickly scored goal. 2-1 and about 12 minutes to go. 

Marlow had another free hit, this time in the L4’s 25, ending in a goal.  Hawks managed to get a short corner which could have put them in the lead, but the shot went wide and Marlow got a sixteen. The last five minutes were really tight as Hawks had a few shots on goal, which just passed the side posts. The final whistle went, and the score ended as 2-2. 

Many thanks to Evelyn Hargraves for the excellent photos.

More about our sponsors
Sponsorship packages available
How to Join Fantasy League
Image Gallery Icon

Recent Photo Galleries

Recent Match Results

No recent results.