Banner picture of Hawks players

U14 Girls at the league finals

28 April 2019

U14 Girls A 3 - 3 Wimbledon U14 Girls

  • U14 Girls at League Finals 001
  • U14 Girls at League Finals 002
  • U14 Girls at League Finals 003

After our journey over to Reading we went out on to the pitch with confidence. We first faced Epsom and all the girls were ready for a hard game! Epsom had a great team and we were in for a tough game, they started well but were making a few small mistakes. After good a ten-minute battle we manged to get a short corner and then Lily put it in the goal. It was 1-0 to us and for the rest of the half we then kept more possession of the ball, pushing forward, soon Bea manged to score another one. The sun came out and despite Epsom putting the pressure back us we were all working hard. Amelia made some amazing saves to keep us 2-0 ahead. Everyone’s legs were getting tired. We all remained determined to get another goal and not concede any more. A quick run down the side-line and a flick across made the perfect goal which Honour put in. Just before half time this made us 3-0 up. 

A quick rest and some wise words from Lisa and Robbie, we knew what we had to do but we didn’t expect what was going to happen. Epsom came back at us very hard and we were all shocked. They were putting a lot more pressure on and closing us down which made it hard to get the ball out of our twenty-two. We needed to fight even harder, but the lack of energy let us down and we conceded a goal. They were so happy and were hungry for another one which meant more work for Amelia in goal. Just with two minutes to go one of our players was sent off with a green card and we were a player down. They had a short corner and the defenders had big job on their hand, they managed to keep it out and the final whistle went. It was a relief and we were then though to the finals. 

The next match was against Wimbledon and their had just won their match 5-2, so we knew we had a big job on our hands. The match started off hard and both teams were putting a lot of pressure up on each other. We made some accurate passes between one and another and the pressure resulted in them conceding a short corner. Gemma scored taking us into the lead. It was 1-0 to us but straight after Wimbledon came right back at us and they got a goal. 1-1 and it was close to half time. A turn over with the ball made it difficult for us to defend and players were too high, so we conceded a goal. All of us wanted this more than anything and we fought harder than ever. Harriet scored, 2-1 but yet again the equalised and then and Gemma scored to make it 3-2 to us when the half time whistle went.

The Wimbledon supporters were very loud but our parents gave us huge support too! After another very close ten minutes in the second half unfortunately they managed to score and the match ended 3-3.  We then played a nail biting 10 minutes extra time with Ffion and Hannah saving goals off the line and then we stopped them scoring in four short corners! 

The match ended with Lucy, Gemma, Lily, Harriet and Lucia volunteering for the penalty flicks and they all did well, especially Amelia who made two fantastic saves for us. Unfortunately in the end they beat us when we reached sudden death.  

A great way to end our season – runners up in the league finals. Well done to all the girls and thanks to Lisa and Robbie our coaches.

More about our sponsors
Sponsorship packages available
How to Join Fantasy League
Image Gallery Icon

Recent Photo Galleries

Recent Match Results

17 May

Ladies A vs Witney Witney A

16 May

Ladies D 4 - 2 Wallingford Ladies

12 May

Mixed B 2 - 2 Abingdon Mixed

11 May

Mens B 6 - 1 Oxford Hawks Mens C