With the earlier than normal meet time for the men's 2, the men in maroon were in high spirits from the off. With Shippo, Lawson and the returning coach Blackburn setting the early benchmark high from the city, the rest of the squad soon followed suit.
There was a change in leadership, with our usual captain Ellis arriving late co captains Shipperley and Lawson took charge of the squad, delegating highly effectivrly by involving the ever maturing pickup to ensure that the high levels of expected performance were indeed present. Highlights included:
• Excess shots throughout the squad.
• Drinking our fluid supply dry.
• everybody binning everything
• Shipperley chucking everywhere
• Phibbsy and Janes scoring excessively after half time and the introduction of some of their friends.
• Bennet and lamby clearing their hips and feet excessively after half time.
• Pickup reappearing (apparently) late in the day.
• Chilvers was absent.
• Hargreaves calm and collected as always.
As for the actual game, It was all a bit of a blur. They scored some, Phil was superb and we scored a worldie.
We also said Bon voyage to Shipperley who is off to strutt his stuff down under and feel it was an adequate send off.