Banner picture of Hawks players

Oxford Hawks Mens 1's. v Old Georgians.

28 November 2015, 14:00, Banbury Road North (Near)

Men's 1s 3 - 2 Old Georgians Men's 1s

Hawks welcomed league leaders Old Georgians to BRN looking to bounce back from their away defeat to Banbury.
They were given a scare when Price was unaccounted for half an hour after the meet and unreachable following his trip the USA. Although half an hour late Price arrived with a certain DoD nomination waiting for him after losing his phone in the USA and also being half an hour late.
Non the less pre match routine complete the game started brightly for both sides, a real end to end game with chances for both sides. Arguably Old Georgians (OG) had the best chance when Tindall was able get a reverse stick shot away which stung the arm of Price. Hawks were able to build from the back and hit OG's on the counter with some resolute defending and Goal Keeping, Sam Chilvers was put through on goal one on one, only to slip it selfishness past the keeper to road runner Mat Wood (woody) who finished off a great attack from Hawks putting them 1-0 up.
OG's continued to full press and create chances, short corners were inevitable, despite the injector bobbing like a duck in rough water and hawks being down to only 2 plus the keeper at one short corner they were able to stop any OG corners. Despite the resolute Goal Keeping and defending Hawks conceded one too many short corners which lead to a well worked slip move scored by OG's, 2-1.
Hawks continued to absorb pressure and the crash balls from OG's to get to half time 2-1 up. 
Hawks came out knowing what to do in the second half, play much the same and retain the ball. However, they were unable to play in such away and the second half began much how the second ended with OG's crashing balls into the Hawks D and Hawks defence, the Great wall Robbo, Big man Dom, only forwards Murch, aerial Biggs and Rambo, stood strong. Hawks created few chances on the break the best coming from Woody as he ran round and through the OG's defence. Sam Chilv was also able to get in the D but Hawks lacked the composure to extend their lead, but none the less continued to create opportunities. OG's caused Price to make some fine saves as they continued to win Short corners, and crash the ball back into the D. Eventually the pressure tolled as OG's won more Short Corners, as Tindals drag flick beat Price and literally nearly took Robson's head off, 2-2.
The match could now go two ways Hawks could push on or crumble, after a brief break to consolidate whilst Robson composed himself Hawks were able to push on and get in the D creating a short corner. Up steps aerial Biggs to go not so aerial, low and hard into the bottom corner beating the keeper putting Hawks 3-2 up with 2 minutes to go. Hawks resisted a 2 minute barrage created more great saves from Price even with the last play as the ball was deflected over the bar. 
Hawks win 3-2, proving the teams credentials as a force to be reckoned with as they prepare to meet newly placed league leaders Havant next week.

MOM Chris Price         DOD & Editor Chris Price

More about our sponsors
Sponsorship packages available
How to Join Fantasy League
Image Gallery Icon

Recent Photo Galleries

Recent Match Results

26 July

Ladies B 2 - 3 Witney Witney B