Our final warm up before the season proper starts in earnest as we basked in the sun and an 8 nil win against jasper’s old club Northampton.
A few things we learnt:
- Ray Prince is a star in the making; he has a touch of quality.
- Nick Mahon is a chip off the old block (although not as mouthy).
- Ed Baldock still has ‘it’ (whatever it is).
- Jasper refuses to shoot at keepers who are his mates.
- The Chair has an aversion to lippy Aussies.
- Marky Mark can turn up any time he likes and is still the quickest player on the pitch.
- Matt Rogers continues to improve.
- Ben Morris still can’t chuck aerials.
- Don’t put penalty strokes half way up the goal on my stick side.
- The Chair and Dick are very firm umpires and the game was better for it.
- Freddie Sunderland makes players twice his age look very average.
The 4s weren’t as tested as the previous week, however this was another useful workout for the team which looks well set for the season ahead; but we need to be on our mettle for sterner tasks ahead.
Additional players: Mike Hills, Rob Foster
Additional goal: Mike Hills