Directions and Car Parking
Welcome to the home of Oxford hockey. Our address is Oxford Hawks Hockey Club, Banbury Road North Sports Ground, 546 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 8EQ. Our clubhouse, changing rooms and two pitches are here.
We share the car park at BRN with our tennis club partner. Anyone visiting the club for a ‘day long’ event or on busy days generally (most Saturdays and Sundays during the season) may find the car park very congested. An overflow car park is available at Cutteslowe Park, found at the bottom of Harboard Road (see Locationbelow). If you turn left into the new area of parking at Cutteslowe, you can park very closely to the ‘walk through’ into BRN (next to ‘Top Pitch’). The Cutteslowe car park is pay and display and charges are £2.00 for up to three hours and £3.00 for any time over three hours (as at August 2018). You can pay using cash, phone or card.
How to get to our ground at Banbury Road North
From the North or South
1. Take A34 exit labelled A40 Cheltenham.
2. Take the Oxford exit from the roundabout under the A34.
3. At the next roundabout take the first exit into Five Mile Drive.
4. At the end of Five Mile Drive turn left into Banbury Road.
5. You will find the entrance to the club almost immediately on your right.
From the West
1. Follow A40 until you pass under A34.
2. At the next roundabout take the second exit into Five Mile Drive.
3. At the end of Five Mile Drive turn left into Banbury Road.
4. You will find the entrance to the club almost immediately on your right.
From the East
1. Follow A40 until you come to come to Oxford Ring Road at Headington. Turn right sticking with the A40.
2. At the next roundabout turn right into Banbury Road.
3. The club entrance is 100 metres on your right.
From the city centre you need the 2, 2A, 2B, 2C, S4 or 250. They are every 10 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes in the evening. If you need any help from the driver about where to get off, the stop you need is "Five Mile Drive". The entrance to the club is a few metres away on the opposite side of the road. For more information see http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk