Directions to the Club
Oxford Hawks Hockey Club, Banbury Road North, Oxford, OX2 8EQ. Clubhouse (including changing rooms) and our home pitches are here.
We share the car park at the club with our tennis club partner. Anyone visiting the club for ‘day long’ events or on busy days when spectators are likely to be present, is encouraged to use the car park at Cutteslowe Park in order to avoid congestion in the club car park. Cutteslowe Park is found at the bottom of Harbord Road (see map below). Harbord Road literally leads into the car park at Cutteslowe, and from the car park, our pitches are just a 150 yard walk (you can see our top pitch and floodlight columns from the Cutteslowe car park). The Cutteslowe car park is ‘Pay and Display’, but the charges are very reasonable (£1.10 for up to 3 hours and £2.10 for any duration over 3 hours as at August 2014). You can pay using coins or via mobile phone and payment card.
How to get to our ground at Banbury Road North
From the North or South
1. Take A34 exit labelled A40 Cheltenham.
2. Take the Oxford exit from the roundabout under the A34.
3. At the next roundabout take the first exit into Five Mile Drive.
4. At the end of Five Mile Drive turn left into Banbury Road.
5. You will find the entrance to the club almost immediately on your right.
From the West
1. Follow A40 until you pass under A34.
2. At the next roundabout take the second exit into Five Mile Drive.
3. At the end of Five Mile Drive turn left into Banbury Road.
4. You will find the entrance to the club almost immediately on your right.
From the East
1. Follow A40 until you come to come to Oxford Ring Road at Headington. Turn right sticking with the A40.
2. At the next roundabout turn right into Banbury Road.
3. The club entrance is 100 metres on your right.
From the city centre you need the 2, 2A, 2B or 2C. They are every 6 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes in the evening. For more information see http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk