Covid Return to Play
As a result of further lifting of restrictions by the government, there are a few updates which will impact our hockey activity – the key points are below. Full guidance from England Hockey can be viewed here if you are interested.
Please note that despite the lifting of restrictions, cases in Oxford are still very high, so we urge you to continue to use common sense and stay safe. We are also aware that not everyone will be responding to Covid in the same way so please do respect others’ application of the guidance.
- No legal gathering limits – there is no longer a restriction on the number of people that can meet to participate in, or spectate, hockey, outdoors or indoors.
- No social distancing – there is no longer a requirement to keep two metres (or one metre plus) distance from anyone outside of your household group.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory in the spectator area/clubhouse.
- The one-way system is no longer required.
- The dugouts will be back to full capacity (closed seats will be “reopened”)
- Stick taps at the end of matches will continue (instead of shaking hands)
- Hand sanitiser will remain in place so please continue to use it
- Attendance registers will remain in place for all hockey activity
If you have any questions at all, please contact COVID officer Henri Gordon on email@example.com.